Nuggets at Cavs
Quicken Loans Arena
Radio: WTAM-AM 1100, WMMS-FM 100.7, La Mega-FM 97.7
TV: Fox Sports Ohio, NBA TV
2. Point guard Ty Lawson missed the earlier meeting. He made his presence felt tonight, as he destroyed anyone who tried to guard him. He had a game-high 24 points, 12 assists and two steals. It got so bad, the Cavaliers tried LeBron James on him in the late going, to no avail.
3. For the first time since March 3, 2000, at Dallas, the Cavaliers had four players score 20 or more points. Yet, they never reached 100 for the game. It also showed they got almost nothing from the other players on the roster.
4. Guard Dion Waiters had a season-high 20 points for the Cavaliers, including 16 in the second half. He made 9 of 16 attempts from the field.
5. The Cavaliers connected on 10 3-pointers. They've reached double digits in 3-point goals in three of the last four outings.
6. Swingman Mike Miller must be less than 100 percent. He played four scoreless minutes in the game. He did attempt a 3-pointer. He's 2 of 11 from behind the arc this season. The Cavaliers are still waiting for him to make some positive plays. He was brought to the team to help spread the floor. He still does that, but soon opposing teams will quit guarding him at the 3-point line.
7. Forward LeBron James came into the game leading the league in scoring at 27.8 points per game. In his previous five games, he averaged 31.6 points, 6.2 rebounds and 7.6 assists. He was named Player of the Week for the 46th time in his career earlier in the day.
UP NEXT: vs. San Antonio, The Q, 7 p.m. Wednesday
C Anderson Varejao (6-11, 267) vs. Timofey Mozgov (7-1, 250)
Nuggets - C Jusuf Nurkic, F/C J.J. Hickson