Pelicans at Cavs
Quicken Loans Arena
Radio: WTAM-AM 1100, WMMS-FM 100.7, La Mega-FM 97.7
TV: Fox Sports Ohio
2. That ball movement led to 13 3-point goals. Forward Kevin Love drained 6 of 9 from the 3-point line and Kyrie Irving connected on 4 of 7.
3. Yet, was Coach David Blatt happy with the effort? No. He's concerned with the Cavaliers' defense. When a team allows 111 points, they are usually talking about a loss afterward. They were pretty good offensively, sparked by LeBron James' triple-double. He ended with 32 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. He was fantastic.
4. I touched on this in my game story, but there were more than a few whispers about his lack of explosion It came back on Monday. He apologized for playing below the rim at shootaround on Monday. He went out and had some high-flying dunks against the Pelicans. I have a feeling he'll be all right.
5. Love talked a bit about Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson after the game. He said he has one of the quickest releases on his shot in the league. You really have to crowd him at the 3-point line. If you don't, he's going to make a 3-pointer. He made 8 of 12 from behind the arc en route to 32 points.
6. The Cavaliers outrebounded New Orleans, 45-40. They have to assert themselves on the boards. They should be the best rebounding team in the league. James, of course, was the team's leading rebounder. Who was next on the stat sheet? Shawn Marion with eight.
7. James, Irving and Love combined for 61 of the Cavaliers' 67 points in the second half. Anderson Varejao, Tristan Thompson and Marion had field goals in the second half.
8. How good is Anthony Davis? I think he's the best power forward in the league. He's better than Love, Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge and anyone else you can think of. His line on the stat sheet read like this: 27 points, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks. He was 12 of 21 from the field. Make sure you check out David Glasier's feature on him in the paper.
UP NEXT: at Boston, TD Garden, 7:30 p.m. Friday
C Anderson Varejao (6-11, 267) vs. Omer Asik (7-0, 255)
Pelicans - F Luke Babbitt, F Darius Miller