Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Observations from our nation's capital

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

They just love the Cavs at the Verizon Center.

When they introduced the Cavs before the game, they showed each player on the scoreboard.

Here's what they said about the Cavs' starters:

LeBron James: Leads team in turnovers.
Anderson Varejao: Leads team in personal fouls.
Delonte West: Enjoys drawing in free time.
Mo Williams: Shortest player on team.

X X X
This is the 12th time in the last three seasons the Cavs have played at the Verizon Center. I've been here so often, I feel like it's a home away from home.

They also serve ice cream at halftime, which is a major treat for the media. I refrained, I'd like you to know.

X X X
After practice on Saturday at Cleveland Clinic Courts, Cavs forward J.J. Hickson rushed to his apartment before the Cavs' flight to D.C. Why? He supposedly forgot to pack for the trip.

That's priceless.

X X X
G/F Wally Szczerbiak told me about his knee problems before the game. He has a contusion on the bursa sac.

That reminded me of one of my favorite leads since I've covered the team. Former Cavs forward/center Shawn Kemp had a bruised bursa sac, but played and had a huge game, something like 28 points and 16 rebounds.

My lead to my game story was: "Stick that in your bursa sac."

It probably didn't make much sense, but it made me laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger snowcatjapan said...

Bob!
This is the type of blog post I have been waiting for from you. I love to hear the extra tidbits, not important enough for the paper or an article, but still fun to hear... like the player intros, and j.j. not packing.
Game-by-game breakdowns can be fun, but its everywhere. Keep sharing all the lockerroom and tangent to the game stuff here and I'll be reading you all the time!
John

January 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM 
Blogger snowcatjapan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home