Cavs vs. Clippers, Game 48
at Quicken Loans Arena
TV: Fox Sports Ohio
WHAT HAPPENED: The following are the records set or tied in Sunday's game:
* LeBron James tied Cavs record for 3s in a quarter (he was 5 of 6 in the first Q)
* Cavs tie franchise mark for points in a Q (46 in the first)
* Cavs tie NBA record and set team record for 3s in a Q (11 of 13 in first)
* Cavs set franchise marks with 13 3s in a half (13 in first half)
* James ties The Q mark for points in a Q (23 in first)
* Two teams set record for 3s made in a half (17)
It was a record-breaking night for the Cavs, who made 16 of 27 from behind the arc.
James didn't attempt a 3 after the first quarter when he was 5 of 6. Daniel Gibson was 4 of 5 from behind the arc. Jamario Moon and Jawad Williams were each 2 of 5.
They dished out 28 assists on 40 baskets.
They received 42 points from their bench, as Moon and Williams had 12 points and Anderson Varejao added 11.
The Clippers haven't beaten the Cavs since Dec. 3, 2005. The Cavs have won eight in a row over the Clippers, as well as 11 of the last 14 since LeBron James entered the league.
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS
SF LeBron James vs. Rasual Butler
PF J.J. Hickson vs. Marcus Camby
C Shaquille O'Neal vs. DeAndre Jordan
SG Anthony Parker vs. Eric Gordon
PG Daniel Gibson vs. Baron Davis
Cavs - G Mo Williams (sprained left shoulder), G Delonte West (broken left ring finger), F Leon Powe (left knee surgery).
Clippers - F Blake Griffin (stress fracture of left patella), G Sebastian Telfair (strained right groin), C Chris Kaman (sprained left ankle).
Ron Garretson, Pat Fraher, Marat Kogut