Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Observations from opener

The Cavs marvel at the way C Shaquille O'Neal passes out of a double team.

"He’s always been a great passer," F LeBron James said. "It gets overlooked sometimes."

Shaq said he's still learning the offense. He said he'll be up to snuff by the regular–season opener on Oct. 27.

O'Neal hit F Anderson Varejao with a perfect pass, but it was fumbled.

"I told him, 'I might not look at you, but I see you.' I take pride in being one of the best passing big men in the game. I’ll be looking for him."

QUICK HITS -- They say you’re in trouble if the three officials’ numbers add up to 100. It’s probably not a good thing that the refs’ numbers on Tuesday were 143, 152 and 159.
-- O'Neal and James combined for 11 of the Cavs' first 13 points.
-- I don't know about you, but I can't wait to hear Fox Sports Ohio broadcaster Austin Carr do the color commentary for the Cavs' game against Olympiacos on Oct. 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home