Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Some face time

We'll finally know tonight who the Cavs will play in the Eastern Conference finals.

In the News-Herald's Cavs playoff edition, I was asked to predict the outcome of all the playoff series. I even consulted with a front-office executive and disagreed with many of his picks.

The point? I have yet to miss one of my predictions. I'm sure there will be a bonus in my next paycheck.

I picked Orlando to win its second-round series over Boston. The Magic has had every opportunity to win this series already, but have crumbled down the stretch in a couple of those games.

If I had to predict right now, though, I'd have to go with the hated Celtics (at the expense of my perfect slate!). They are mentally strong, which makes a big difference in Game 7s. I can't say the same thing about the Magic, from the head coach on down.

It should make for some good viewing at 8 tonight on TNT.

I'll be on WKYC-TV tonight following the news at 11:30 p.m. to discuss the Eastern Conference finals matchup. I'll be on with Channel 3's weekend sports anchor, Dave Chudowsky.

Also, I'll be joining Marc Steenbarger on the popular internet show, Moohead Radio, at 5 p.m. Tuesday. Fans can access it by clicking on: http://mooheadradio.com. Listeners might hear me "moo" at the end of the segment.

I'll try to check in again on this blog-o-sphere before Game 1 on Wednesday.

P.S.: I got a mild complaint from my buddy, Cavs PR guy Garin Narain, the other day. "Every time I go to your blog, it's only two or three sentences long," he said.

Just so you know, when we set up this blog, I was asked to blog on game days. I've been doing many "bonus" blogs since the Cavs have been going NINE days in between series. Expect more action on this blog in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home