Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mo has been incredible

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

Mo Williams might be the best guard in the Eastern Conference not on the All-Star team. He was snubbed by the East coaches on Thursday, and has been very good in his last seven games.

During that stretch, he's averaged 24.6 points, 3.7 rebounds and 5.3 assists. He's also shooting 52.1 percent from 3-point range (25 of 48).

He started 3 of 9 in the first half on Sunday in Detroit. He made 6 of 9 from the field in the second half.

"I think he likes it when he starts bad," teammate LeBron James said. "He'll go 1 for 9 or 1 for 10 and then heat up."

Daniel Gibson and Williams each had a big hand in the Cavs' come-from-behind win. Williams had 12 points in the fourth quarter, 15 in the second half.

"The game is not over until 48 minutes," Williams said. "We wanted to stay aggressive. Guys were passing up shots. We need to be aggressive. Gib did a great job playing with confidence and getting us going.

"Unfortunately, in the first halves, I haven’t been that good. This team needs me down the stretch to be aggressive. I’m always confident my next shot will go in. If they don’t, then I’ll be 3 for 19. I can live with that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home