What we know about this series
1. Has a team ever taken a 2-0 lead in a playoff series after making just 41 percent of their shots? The Cavs are making things tough on the Celtics.
2. Boston's defense has been dominant. The Cavs are shooting just 33.1 percent from the field in the first two games. Of course, most of their struggles have started with LeBron James. He's averaging 16.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 7.0 turnovers. He's shooting 19 percent from the field.
3. Who has been the star of the series thus far? Here's one candidate: Celtics assistant coach Tom Thibodeaux, the architech of their defense.
4. Kevin Garnett is averaging a double-double in the series with 20.5 points and 10 rebounds. Obviously, he's a major talent. But you've got to love the Celtics' young big off the bench, Leon Powe. He's so active around the basket.
5. No, the reason the Cavs lost wasn't because Ben Wallace was sidelined with dizziness. But in six career playoff games against the Celtics (before Thursday's game), he's averaged 15.8 rebounds. He fights KG on the block. He can't stop him, but he makes him work for everything he gets.