Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dysfunctional team

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

I don't usually write about the opposing teams. Obviously, I get paid to write about the Cavaliers, but I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to write about the Chicago Bulls.

I have not seen such junk all season. I just hate the way this team plays. Kirk Hinrich brings the ball down the court and he passes it one of his teammates, who immediately jacks up a 20-foot jumper.

Every game seems to be a contest of who can launch more jumpers - Larry Hughes, Ben Gordon or Luol Deng. It makes for terrible basketball.

One of the few players worth watching is center Joakim Noah. He hustles non-stop and is a beast going after the ball. Ben Wallace couldn't keep him off the boards.

Poor Jim Boylan. The guy has little chance to stay on next year as Bulls coach. He's one of my favorite guys, too, in the league.

The whole season has gone into the dumper for the Bulls. It all started with Gordon and Deng turning down extensions. Then, when the Bulls refused to part with Deng, they were unable to trade for Lakers All-Star Kobe Bryant.

They might live to regret that decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger hondo17 said...

Bob - I enjoy both your work and Brian Windhorst. You two are the best this city has to offer. I have read your posts here for some time and enjoy the insight.

I totally agree with you on the Bulls. Even when they were clicking on all cylinders they were still totally reliant on the J. I always thought they were bit overrated due to that fact.

What do you think of Larry Hughes comments?

March 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home