Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not a day to remember

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

There are some people - probably some at my own paper - who think my day starts at 7:30 p.m. when the basketball game tips off.

Let me tell you something, you're dead wrong.

Let's take a look at my day on Wednesday:

It started with 5:40 a.m. wake-up call. After getting gas for the rental car, it was off to the airport for my 8:30 p.m. flight.

Unfortunately, because of the weather conditions in Cleveland, my Continental jet was a hour late coming from Ohio. That meant I'd miss my connection in Cleveland. So, I had to find another way to Boston.

I flew to Newark and then took another jet to Boston. I never checked into my hotel after getting in close to 4 p.m. I also hadn't eaten all day, so I ate when I got to Logan Airport. I also changed clothes in the bathroom at the Delta Crown room.

I took a cab to TD Banknorth Garden, and chatted with Joe Tait before the game. It was a long, hard day. Then the Cavs lost to the Celtics, as LeBron James hurt his ankle and scored his 10,000th point. Also, Coach Mike Brown was ejected for the first time in his career.

I finally made it to the Cambridge Marriott after midnight. The overstuffed bed never felt better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home