Game 82: Wizards at Cavs
Quicken Loans Arena
Radio: WTAM-AM 1100, WMMS-FM 100.7, La Mega-FM 97.7
TV: Fox Sports Ohio
1. The Cavaliers' first-round opponent is set. They will take on Boston (40-42) in the best-of-seven series. The first two games will be in Cleveland. Game 1 is 3 p.m. Sunday. Game 2 is 7 p.m. Tuesday.
2. Coach David Blatt wanted his starters to get some "burn" tonight. They all did, with the exception of LeBron James. He skipped the regular-season finale. The Cavs were 3-10 this season without him in the lineup. Guard Kevin Irving played 18 minutes. He still seems a bit bothered by his sore right hip. None of the starters played regular minutes, just enough to stay sharp and keep their rhythm.
3. Tonight was Fan Appreciation Night. The Cavs gave away more than $1 million in prizes, including a new car. The players took the jerseys off their backs and their shoes off after the game and gave them to the fans. It's a popular gesture.
4. I was impressed with guard Matthew Dellavedova tonight. He ended with a season-high 18 points, a career-high 12 assists, three rebounds and two steals. He shot the ball well - 6 of 11 from the field, 4 of 5 from the 3-point line. It's important he holds up his end of the bargain because when Irving is off the floor in the playoffs, Delly can't completely break down.
5. The Wizards played a hard-fought, double-overtime game with Indiana on Tuesday. They came right back and played in OT against the Cavs. Coach Randy Wittman's club probably needs a day off. They play Atlantic Division champion Toronto in the first round of the playoffs.
6. The Cavs won 20 of their last 21 games at The Q. They ended 31-10 at home this season. It's the 10th time they've won 30 or more home games in franchise history. They've also won 28 of their last 29 games when they score 100 or more points. On the season, they are 42-5 when they top the century mark.
UP NEXT: vs. Boston, Quicken Loans Arena, Game 1 of Eastern Conference playoffs, 3 p.m. Sunday
SF Mike Miller (6-8, 218) vs. Paul Pierce (6-7, 230)
C Timofey Mozgov (7-1, 250) vs. Marcin Gortat (6-11, 240)
SG J.R. Smith (6-6, 225) vs. Bradley Beal (6-5, 207)
Wizards - G Garrett Temple, F Nene
Scott Foster, Kane Fitzgerald, Scott Twardoski