Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ira's big night

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

I don't know what's a bigger story - Ira Newble's big night or the Heat close to trading Shaquille O'Neal to the Suns?

The Suns have gone out of their way to stay under the luxury tax and keep salaries in check. So now, they're going to add a $20 million player? It doesn't add up to me, but maybe the Suns know what they're doing.

He's still a very valuable player and a post presence. But he's nearing the end of his stellar career.

It would be huge for the Heat to get out from under Shaq's massive contract. I'll believe it when I see it.

Newble, on the other hand, is just taking off. He had 15 points on Tuesday against Boston, including a key dunk with 1:30 to play.

"I had a driving lane," Newble said. "Early in the year, I wouldn’t have dunked it. But I thought he was going to block it. It was a big play, though."

If Drew Gooden misses any time with his groin injury, you might see a lot of Newble in the next couple games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home